AGU in America 2006

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Finally--Arrival!



When I woke up this morning, I immediately turned on my computer and checked ANA's website, only to find that Flight 2 would be four hours late! I called Kevin and the mentors and set a new meeting time, but I couldn't go back to sleep.

Ji Won, Laura, and Tim met me at MEI at 1:15 and I drove them to the airport, where Kevin met us. The plane came in at 2:44 p.m. and about an hour later, a group of very tired-looking students and one professor emerged from the International Arrivals room. Everyone looked pretty happy to be off that airplane and at their destination at last! But we still had to get people into the Blue Vans for the long drive to College Park. We all got to the Quality Inn at about 5:30. We got the group checked in, handed out keys, folders, and hospitality bags, and helped them find their rooms. I hope they will get a good night's rest, but it can be hard to sleep when your body thinks it's daytime.

After four months of planning, I can't believe the group is finally here and the program is starting tomorrow! :-)


This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog



This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home