AGU in America 2006

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!





Today is Independence Day, aka the Fourth of July. On the street where I live, neighborhood parents and kids got together for a little parade, complete with red, white, and blue decorations, "tattoos," streamers, leis and even doughnuts. The kids were so cute! I wish you could have seen them. Here are a few snapshots to give you an idea of what it all looked like. Click on any picture to enlarge it. (You can see my house in the background of the second picture.)

Like many other Americans, we will celebrate the Fourth of July with a cookout at some friends' home. Afterwards, we will watch the local fireworks display. You can watch some fireworks too, by clicking on the Fourth of July link in the sidebar!

Thanks to my neighbor, JoAnn Schimke, for sharing her photos.

7 Comments:

  • Hi.My name is Seri.Nice to meet you.Children in the picture are so cute.I like children very much.

    I am looking forward to see you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jul 05, 09:57:00 AM EDT  

  • Hi, Seri! I'm glad you liked the 4th of July pictures. I am also looking forward to meeting you. Keep checking the blog, and comment often!

    By Blogger Nina Liakos, at Wed Jul 05, 11:55:00 AM EDT  

  • Hello!Nice to meet you.My name is Yuiko.I have never been America.I am looking forward to meeting Nina:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Jul 08, 10:04:00 PM EDT  

  • Of course!I keep checking the blog,and I'd like to comment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jul 09, 03:53:00 AM EDT  

  • Hello, Yuiko, and welcome to our AGU in America blog! Will your trip to Maryland be your first trip outside of Japan, or have you traveled abroad before?

    By Blogger Nina Liakos, at Sun Jul 09, 09:55:00 PM EDT  

  • hello!I have been hawaii and singapore.I want to go many countries.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 11, 04:12:00 AM EDT  

  • I have been to Europe, but I have never been to either Singapore or Hawaii. You must tell me about it when you come! I wonder where the other AGU in America participants have traveled.

    By Blogger Nina Liakos, at Tue Jul 11, 11:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home