AGU in America 2006

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rain

We are having some very unusual weather this summer in the Washington area. It has been raining "cats and dogs", as we say, for several days. Traffic has been affected and even some government buildings are closed temporarily due to flooding! This will be over by the time you come, but it has reminded me to tell you a couple of things:

Our weather in August is generally hot and humid without much rain, but there are sometimes thunderstorms in the late afternoon or evening. We will be walking a lot, so you should bring an umbrella, just in case. (You can also use the umbrella to shield you from the hot Washington sun.)

Your hotel has a small swimming pool, so you should also bring a swimsuit!

2 Comments:

  • Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Ryo, I'm looking forward to seeing you in August. Though my English is poor, I think this precious opportunity is good for my studying languages and I would like to experience various things.

    Ryo Kamiki from Aoyama Gakuin University.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jul 02, 02:39:00 AM EDT  

  • Hi, Ryo! I am delighted that you have visited the blog. You are the very first to leave a comment on it!

    Until August 2,

    Nina

    By Blogger Nina Liakos, at Sun Jul 02, 06:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home