AGU in America 2006

Monday, July 24, 2006

Maryland's Sister State

While surfing the web this morning, I discovered that Maryland has a sister state in Japan: Kanagawa Prefecture. Did you know this? I didn't! I am learning something new every day while preparing your program!

Our weather here is beautiful again. On my outside thermometer, it is 89 degrees Fahrenheit (34 degrees Celsius), and the humidity is low. However, according to the weather forecast, the heat and humidity will be back tomorrow. :-(

Here is a photo of Holzapfel Hall, where the Maryland English Institute offices and classrooms are. The front of the building faces McKeldin Mall, a broad expanse of green bisected by the ODK fountain, which you can see behind the turtle in the second picture in my previous post, Mentors and Turtles. (Click on "May" in the Archives (sidebar) to access the post.)

I am always very pleased when one of you leaves a comment on the blog. I have now heard from Yuiko, Maiko, Seri, Ryo, Mimaki, and Fuminori. I hope the rest of you will post a message before you leave for Maryland next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home